NCFP-2.3: Nyzeye discord bot, Nyzo.today, Nyzo.net etc. - UPDATED according to Major_coiner estimate

A: iyomisc (member of the Nyzo discord community… nyzo.ondiscord.net)

TX1 Nyzeye discord bot (first release 5/07/2019)

GitHub link: https://github.com/iyomisc/Nyzeye-discord-bot

Current features:

• Verifier surveillance - DM if verifier/node is in trouble, list managed verifiers with balance and current state (up, down, queue or cycle)
  • Shows the balance of a given address
  • Shows current Nyzo price on several exchanges
  • Tipbot (deposit from Nyzo chain and feeless discord tips)
  • iyomisc will continue to work on important features that are required at a given time

Discord bot, User value:

• provides in queue and in cycle users with an essential monitoring tool that directly alerts via PM when a verifier is down or joins the queue. No setup/maintenance needed by the user, alerts via a tool users already use: discord. Important and easy to use service to ensure good verifiers stability and react in time.
  • can provide balances and status of all of your watched addresses in one command
  • Recent Tipbot feature provides great value by easing onboarding. Users can be tipped directly on discord via their handle, not needing to setup an address.
    new users can be rewarded even with small amounts - the feature lifts the 10 nyzo minimum balance of new accounts.
    This feature was not officially announced yet, but was tested on another server, works fine and will foster discord activity as well as new nyzo holders once commonly known.
  • price watch feature is more common but is largely used, proving the value in users eyes. Just check the public nyzeye channel, it’s full of !price commands.

Rationale:
Nyzeye discord bot is a great way to maximize control over your verifiers/nodes by fetching important data and delivering notifications, etc.

Proposed amount: 10,000 ∩

TX2 Nyzo.today website (first release 14/07/2019)

Current features:

• joining cycle odds calculator
  • Richlist
  • Explorer (addresses, blocks, transactions, search feature)
  • Cycle (you can watch your verifiers/nodes to see where they are in the cycle and when they will make a new block)
  • Cycle votes (you can see who voted for cycle transactions, simply select a cycle tx and then you can lookup your address in the table and make sure you voted)
  • iyomisc will continue to work on important features that are required at a given time

Nyzo.today, User value:

• Since the move from fifo queue to lottery, the calculator on nyzo.today proved essential to estimate odds of joining the cycle when queue is large as currently.
    This feature alone however was just a MVP, and real development of nyzo.today really took off with the recent explorer features.
    Until now, almost all data from explorers and various services was scraped from nyzo.co, the official explorer run by the devs. There was no alternate - consolidated and easy to use - data source.
    A chain explorer is a most needed tool for any chain. It proves the chain holds its history and can’t be faked.
  • nyzo.today explorer provides full transactions history, is searchable by address, block, transaction.
  • richlist - extracted from live on chain balances - gives an idea of the nyzo distribution, this is a mandatory step for any analyst/investor.
  • Newest cycle page can be seen as an experiment for now, but shows potential of replacing the text only view of nyzo.co by a more graphical and compact cycle view, that can give more insights. This likely will become a central feature of the new explorer.
  • Cycle votes page has proved invaluable for users when digging through voting issues and cycle transactions, since currently it’s the only public tool - in addition to nyzo.co - that can extract cycle tx and vote tx from the chain and report their current state. Provided data is more extensive than the official website.

Rationale:
Nyzo.today website could play a significant role in data analytics of the Nyzo ecosystem. The Nyzo ecosystem will increasingly leverage new forms of data and analytics services.

Proposed amount: 25,000 ∩

B: Snipe (member of the Nyzo discord community… nyzo.ondiscord.net)

TX3 Nyzo.net website

Current features:

• Nyzo.net knowledgebase (how-tos, documentation, articles, APIs, explorer etc.)
  • pingpong.nyzo.net :ping_pong: (an in-cycle verifier watchdog that script pings all in-cycle verifiers and displays results as blocks, it is a quick overview of network health)

Nyzo.net, User value and Rationale:

• The speed and ease with which new Nyzo users are able to find information and solutions to their problems are all part of Nyzo community user support. Nyzo.net knowledgebase is one of the web best locations where users can find answers for themselves without asking for help.
  • Nyzo.net knowledgebase offering very useful information that might otherwise only be available through a detailed internet search. What makes Nyzo.net different is that author understands users most important types of inquiries.

Proposed amount: 25,000 ∩

C: Angainor

Nyzo WP plugin

Proposed amount: 13,000 ∩

This is the same amount the core team was asking to develop this tool.

D: NyzoSy

NyzoCli

Proposed amount: 15,000 ∩

Pynyzo

Proposed amount: 10,000 ∩

NCFP-10 Red queue fix

Proposed amount: 40,000 ∩

E: Monk

Golang Verifier version

Proposed amount: 75,000∩

This guy just ported the verifier code to golang, nyzo is about diversity and diversity in the verifiers code also helps to make the network stronger.

F: Moco

Desktop wallet for Mac, Windows and Linux

Proposed amount: 30,000 ∩

2 Likes

Fair proposal! I feel like the nyzo.today and nyzo.net deserve just a little more as their value is very high in my opinion.
My proposals:
A.1 discord bot: 7000
A.2 nyzo.today: 17500
B nyzo.net: 12000

3 Likes

– Disclaimer: I may not be fully objective on this since I know the dev and use these tools –

nyzeye bot is a low profile but essential piece of the ecosystem to me.
I use it to monitor in-cycle and in-queue, and it saved me several times by warning of new entrants and temp. downtime of some verifiers.
To me, this is as important as some vulnerabilities bounties. It’s an essential piece of keeping my in-cycle safe.

nyzo.today developed new features over the time, is community version aware, did unique things on queue monitoring, cycle txs, provides tools to easily check which of our in cycle did vote or no. It clearly is not a shoot and forget but a long term effort in providing a valuable tool to the community.
All this with close to zero reward for the moment, that’s not stopping iyomisc to add new features.

Given the time it takes to get new cycle txs out, I would recommend a higher reward for both of these tools.

1… discord bot:7000
(I personally have not used it, but some users use it for watch verifeirs)

2… nyzo.today:17500∩
A nice nyzo tool site. Looking forward to updating calculator feature.

3… nyzo.net:12000∩
A comprehensive site for getting started with Nyzo

4… Nyzo WP plugin:13000∩ (as NTTP4)

5… NyzoCli and Pynyzo: TBD
(I personally have not used it, but some users use it for voting)

6… NCFP-10 Red queue fix
NTTP7 Rewards is 14000∩. NTTP7 is considered the ultimate perfect solution. NCFP10 reduces the red node response time, but it can’t avoid subnet users. So I think it should be half (7000∩).

7.Golang Verifier version.
I personally support Monk’s contribution, but Golang hasn’t shown its value yet.
So base reward: 5000∩

8.Desktop wallet for Mac, Windows and Linux: 15000 ∩
Continuous function update will get more rewards.
Looking forward to the IOS version.

Could need a description update, given the suggested amount from major coiner I believe this is not only the community version (does not deserve so much alone) but also includes the queue experiments, simulations and repo that led the nyzo devs to implement the current queue algo.
So I understand this more as an important vulnerability fix suggestion, that was then implemented by nttp-7.

Revisiting my previous proposal (I’ll use tsssk’s format):

1… discord bot:15000∩
Not using it. Development should be rewarded but doesn’t have much added value.

2… nyzo.today:35000∩
This is probably the most used nyzo tool website by the community and is continuously being improved with added features.

3… nyzo.net:15000∩
Website not maintained so loses a lot of it’s value. Development should be rewarded though and src code is shared noww.

Amount is ok since it was in the NTTP4. I think not even a handful of people are using it though.

5… NyzoCli and Pynyzo: TBD
Haven’t used, would default to rewarding the development work: 20000∩

6… NCFP-10 Red queue fix
NCFP-10: 35000∩, A lot of added value was given by the research alone.

7.Golang Verifier version.
I set up the golang sentinel, I don’t think many other people have. Archiving node is an important added value. I don’t think many people use it, but I still think it’s important to have this implementation. Hard to estimate the value. 25000∩.

8.Desktop wallet for Mac, Windows and Linux: 30000∩
Very important to have, although I haven’t used it yet.

I edited my previous post. Increased base amount of community development to 10k nyzo. It’s important to give a sign to new developers and encourage them. Would maybe propose more wrt current nyzo price, but I don’t know if that can be justified…

A1 Nyzeye discord bot: 50,000 ∩ - Very useful tool for monitoring and tipping. measured on the value it brings to our community, i think 50,000 ∩ is a fair reward

A2 nyzo.today website: 50,000 ∩ - same goes for nyzo.today - well maintained and updated with useful information and features - i use it every day.

B nyzo.net website: 40,000 ∩ - good tutorials and info - i also take snipes medium articles in to my consideration, because they are very well written and usefull.

C Angainor WP Plugin: 13,000 ∩ - “This is the same amount the core team was asking to develop this tool.”

D1 NyzoCli: 20,000 ∩
D2 Pynyzo: 15,000 ∩
D3 NCFP-10 and NTTP-7 Reward: 100,000 ∩ - NCFP-10 and NTTP-7 rescued nyzo from its “death” - without we would end in a successful 51% attack. so how could you give such an important update/research a fair credit? IMO it’s invaluable, thats the reason i propose the max possible reward a single CTX can give - 100,000 ∩

E Golang Verifier version: 30,000 ∩ - that one is a little tricky for me. i know that monk have put very much work in to it, but it’s nothing i need/use right now. yet it’s the only archive node we have right now.

F Desktop wallet for Mac, Windows and Linux: 30,000 ∩ - extremely useful and well designed wallet

//added Rewards for E and F

1… discord bot:5000∩
Not using it, base reward.

2… nyzo.today:20000∩
useful nyzo site.

3… nyzo.net:8000∩
A good tutorial site. but not maintained.

5… NyzoCli and Pynyzo: 5000∩
Haven’t used, base reward

6… NCFP-10 Red queue fix:7000∩
I think NTTP7 is perfect.

7.Golang Verifier version:5000∩
base reward. Unless it shows its purpose

8.Desktop wallet for Mac, Windows and Linux: 20000∩
useful wallet.

Doing my best, could edit later on:

1… discord bot:20000∩
Using it, saved new entrants and in-cycle, can’t live without.
Hope this will encourage Iyomisc to add withdrawal function to bot wallet.

2… nyzo.today:50000∩
Remains up to date and takes into account requests and new features, useful, better explorer than the official one for votes, transactions, cycle monitoring.

3… nyzo.net:25000∩
Useful info that was carefully assembled. Source available, can be used as basis for other reference websites. Keeping major coiner estimate

Was wondering whether giving less than if it was done by the official devs.
But it went into the wp repo and it’s likely it get updated to support more micropay features.
Sticking with consensus, waiting for upgrades!

5… NyzoCli and Pynyzo:
My tools, not able to give a price there.
Pynyzo is more of a dev intermediate layer, no use for end user but needed for python devs. Value depends on the tools who use it. Hard to estimate.
Nyzocli is still a WIP. Most important use for me is the batch voting feature.
That’s the only available voting tool that makes sure all your votes have been casted and only recasts the missing ones. Would have done it anyway just for my own use.
I will continue to work on Nyzocli (send feature for once)

6… NCFP-10 Red queue fix/ NTTP7 suggest and simulations:
40000∩ min (major coiner initial estimate, not voting for more since I’m more than involved)
Even with NTTP7 out, community edition blocking always reds is maintained and used by around 30% of the cycle.
Then NTTP7 - from my suggest - fixed a long term issue and put diversity at heart of Nyzo again (Queue was proof of quantity, this switched it back to proof of diversity).
Benefit is very long term with many side effects and can’t be properly valuated, but to me this is as important as a critical vulnerability disclosure + a conceptual fix.

7.Golang Verifier version: 40000∩
Very hard to give a price. Archive mode, plus all chain data available as SQL is a huge feature that is not available without that implementation. Not using it right now, but I can see the need for such a tool when more integration and use case come to life. Downside and questions is the maintainability of this awesome implementation.
Will it gain traction? How hard will it be to keep compatibility when breaking changes arise?
Hoping this becomes a long term viable option.

Not using it myself, but a maintained and cross platform desktop wallet is needed. Keeping suggested reward.

1 Like

1… discord bot:5000∩
never use it
2… nyzo.today:30000∩
explorer,richlist,queue,vote list… all are very useful
3… nyzo.net:10000∩
Outed useful info , Source available, can be used as basis for other reference websites.

5… NyzoCli and Pynyzo:30000∩
Pynyzo is more of a dev intermediate layer, no use for end user but needed for python devs. Value depends on the tools who use it. Hard to estimate.
I use Nyzocli for voting,official sentinel voting is unstable.
6… NCFP-10 Red queue fix/ NTTP7 suggest and simulations:50000∩
This is a milestone for nyzo.
7.Golang Verifier version: 30000∩
First nyzo core implementation with golang language,it’s a very useful reference for other golang developers.
Not using it myself, but a maintained and cross platform desktop wallet is needed.
9.nyzo.me:20000∩
The only chinese website introducing everything of nyzo.There are various tutorials for chinese newbies.