NCFP-4: Marketing

Author: Snipe
Abstract: This NCFP will contain marketing initiatives for which I personally have a substantial enough amount of experience in order to execute them, or have the necessary connections needed in order to facilitate completion of the task. I have ideas to capture attention of new members, but my personal funds only carry me so far. :smiley:

I will divide my marketing incentives into categories, as it is a multi-faceted approach requiring at the very least 1 full-time person to execute the work in a satisfactory manner. If a task requires the assistance of freelancers or social media managers, this will be included in its proposal.

Since Nyzo is not a company, this also means that there is nobody on an active pay-roll to execute anything. I am happy that the possibility of cycle fund voting exists, it allows for a lot of experimentation and initiatives. I believe in writing out thoroughly written, actionable plans and in by following up on approved proposals on a day-to-day basis (keeping a log - full length depending upon the task at hand).

In a simple sense, I will become a Nyzo contractor and will be on an active pay-roll (through proposals and their payments), with a proper incentive in place to dedicate myself to this work. In another sense the cycle will act as my employer, approving and rejecting tasks/plans/proposals on an ongoing basis. Members of the community can request adjustments to be made to a proposal or to propose a task for me to complete.

Proposal NCFP4.1:
On Nyzo.net there are currently stickers being handed out to interested parties.
So far 2K stickers (±200 shipments) have been distributed by mail over a period of months.
This proposal aims to cover the costs of historical and future sticker printing and sticker distribution.

The distribution of stickers around the world is a tactical move which helps to spread the word tremendously. The -now famous- Reddit has been known to market their website through the use of stickers in its early stages. (source)

Beyond the existing Nyzo community there are active communities which have formed around sticker gathering and P2P deals are common practice to exchange/gather as many stickers as possible. During the last 2 days the Nyzo sticker form has been advertised on Reddit and the demand for stickers is sky-high (1500 orders have been received within 2-3 days).

Up until this point the funding of the sticker merchandise and marketing was low enough to be covered by myself but due to recent developments I will have to rely on the approval of NCFP-4.1 to continue my work in this regard.

Each shipment contains:

• an eco-friendly envelope
  • 11 + 1 stickers (for closing the envelope)
  • one stamp (1,77 EUR for worldwide shipment, 1,55 for european shipment) (source) (source)

Stickers are printed by belgian company Printdeal which has the following rates (source):

• 170 EUR for 5000 stickers (== 416 envelopes)
  • 320 EUR for 10000 stickers (== 832 envelopes)

Printdeal also supplies envelopes:

• 34 EUR for 500 envelopes (== 500 envelopes)

Costs made so far:
This part will cover the costs which have been made so far, which while constructing the NCFP to cover for the next 1500 shipments I’d like to recoup in full.

Printdeal: 339,39 EUR
History: image

*This amount is lower than what has been spent, some stamps were already stocked up or purchased IRL at the postal office.
Bpost: 60,40 EUR + 132,80 EUR
History: image

This purchase history already contains 5K stickers for the upcoming batch.

Going forward with establishing a total cost for all future 1500 shipments to be sent out successfully:

• 5K stickers are currently being printed as mentioned above, this covers 416 shipments. An additional 15K stickers will be ordered, totalling an additional 490 EUR. This covers 1248 additional shipments, good for 1664 shipments in total, slightly more than we need but those will always come in handy in the future (and stickers aren’t the most expensive cost).

• Around 70% of the addresses garnered through the form are from the US/World: (1050 world stamps * 1.77 EUR = 1858,5 EUR)

• The remainder of the addresses are located in Europe: (450 world stamps * 1.55 EUR = 697,5 EUR)

• 500 envelopes are on the way (see order above), 1000 more will be ordered to complete the task (33,88 EUR + 33,88 EUR = 67,76 EUR)

As far as time is concerned, all addresses were handwritten up until this point. An additional DYMO labelprinter will be purchased to print all addresses in one go (109,99 EUR - source) - as well as the necessary labels to print on (12 x 130 labels, 115,08 EUR - source)

Total cost:

Printdeal historical: 339,39 EUR
Bpost historical: 193,20 EUR
Printdeal 15K stickers: 490,00 EUR
World stamps: 1858,50 EUR
Europe stamps: 697,50 EUR
1K envelopes: 67,76 EUR
Labelprinter: 109,99 EUR
1560 address labels: 115,08 EUR

Material total: 3871,42 EUR

I expect that I will need 3-4 days to prepare all shipments (counting the stickers, printing addresses, putting stamps on envelopes, putting stickers in envelopes, closing envelopes with sticker, filtering addresses for errors, bringing shipments to postal office, …), this will take me around 35 hours. At 10 EUR an hour, this adds 350 EUR to the total, not including past time spent.

Total: 4221,42 EUR

Current Nyzo price: 0.175 EUR
Proposed amount of NYZO (bare calculation): 24122,40
Proposed amount of NYZO (+30% - final): 31,359.12

Due to current market illiquidity I propose adding 30% to the total amount needed to successfully execute this task. Any excess will be returned to the cycle fund.

What to expect?: I will provide pictures of all envelopes once they have been prepared for shipment. I will provide bills for the items which have been purchased. I will provide pictures of the items as they arrive at my residence.
If approved, no more than 10K will be sold per day as to minimize negative market effects, OTC deals will be considered.

Voting for NCFP4.1: No NCFP has been generated yet, please revisit this topic soon.

5 Likes

NCFP4.1 - It’s been a while since this idea has seen some love. I was mostly waiting for the general market to enjoy an uptrend as this would increase the odds of the first proposal being approved (as the amount of nyzo would be lower), however, the price is still around the same it used to be before and I don’t want to give off the impression that I’m unwilling to execute this.

In the meantime, presentation folders have been printed and are being sent out to “ambassadors”. I take special care to provide the boxes with a manually applied layer of stickers. Several boxes have been sent to community members, and I don’t intend to recoup the expenditures made to do so. Some shipments were more expensive than others (US, CA, Asia costed around 65 eur). These shipments are mostly made in good faith, I don’t expect a reward back and believe in the power of the community.

Back to the stickers, and I will keep this proposal as concise as possible because I know attention spans are limited:

• The post above contains a list of supplies, as well as historical costs which I wished to recoup at the time, this may limit the odds of the proposal being approved and I will therefore cover these costs myself.
  • The website received 10,000 stickers orders and a large amount of attention from free sticker communities on Reddit. This is a large amount to fulfill. Part of the addresses were submitted to the website in a dubious manner, and these will be given the absolute lowest priority, leaving around 3000 “high-quality” addresses to work with.
  • Of these 3000 addresses, around half (1560) will be sent out as was mentioned above.
  • If this proposal does not get approved, I will cut back on the amount of shipments per proposal
  • I will provide a detailed account of bills and pictures
  • I have previously escrowed 49,831 nyzo for the community, NCFP-2: https://nyzo.co/wallet?id=id__86wcW-8qW8J-a7RpS6TdJZvTK-JWRVDBBmeFi8YAhS_zvQI2~WFr
  • A cycle transaction will be made, the recipient will be the same as during the escrow operation

New cost calculation:
Total cost :
Printdeal historical: 339,39 EUR
Bpost historical: 193,20 EUR
Printdeal 15K stickers: 490,00 EUR
World stamps: 1858,50 EUR
Europe stamps: 697,50 EUR
1K envelopes: 67,76 EUR
Labelprinter: 109,99 EUR
1560 address labels: 115,08 EUR
Material total: 3871,42 EUR Material total: 3338,83 EUR

I expect that I will need 3-4 days to prepare all shipments (counting the stickers, printing addresses, putting stamps on envelopes, putting stickers in envelopes, closing envelopes with sticker, filtering addresses for errors, bringing shipments to postal office, …), this will take me around 35 hours. At 10 EUR an hour, this adds 350 EUR to the total, not including past time spent.

Total: 3688,83 EUR

Current Nyzo price: 0.155 EUR
Proposed amount of NYZO (bare calculation): 23798.90
Proposed amount of NYZO (+30% - final): 30938.57

Due to current market illiquidity I propose adding 30% to the total amount needed to successfully execute this task. Any excess will be returned to the cycle fund.

To avoid ambiguity:

• bills and pictures of goods will be provided
  • after withdrawal of an amount of funds has taken place, allow up to 7 days for the amount to be sold, the balance to hit my bank account and the funds being used to purchase the goods
  • efforts will be made to minimize costs when purchasing products, the largest cost is however postal fees and no bulk exists (as explained above) - outsourcing this endeavor brings with it problems of its own

A cycle transaction will be made and its signature published here, in the mean time, feel free to discuss the proposed.

1 Like

A cycle transaction for NCFP4/1 has been made.
To use the sentinel to vote for this transaction:

:thumbsup: YES:
java -jar build/libs/nyzoVerifier-1.0.jar co.nyzo.verifier.scripts.CycleTransactionSignScript sig_g01ix9FChsfS9kPRmpaHG700HFF0R6cajzDa~Cns8MxtRce34R_K4ZWI8t_~IkzP52D3p-~Qwbtf7veJuP7w8NuLfdMc 1

:thumbsdown: NO:
java -jar build/libs/nyzoVerifier-1.0.jar co.nyzo.verifier.scripts.CycleTransactionSignScript sig_g01ix9FChsfS9kPRmpaHG700HFF0R6cajzDa~Cns8MxtRce34R_K4ZWI8t_~IkzP52D3p-~Qwbtf7veJuP7w8NuLfdMc 0

Cycle tx overview: https://nyzo.co/cycleTransactions

This is more or less what’s laying around here right now

I have been alerted by a community member that the intention of discord members is to make NCFP-4.1 succeed. I did not expect this to happen, clever way of getting a response out of me. This persona will be abandoned after the task is completed, and I ask for someone to remove my rank on this board.

Don’t worry about those boring people. Do what you think is right. Nyzo community needs people who actually do things, rather than just crying and complaining every day.

I’m not sure if you get the message right. Many of us think that you’re a valuable member and we know that you have spent huge amounts of time and money to bring this project forward.

I plan on voting for your proposal (would have done already, but I’m in a family rehabilitation clinic right now) not because I want a statement from you nor wanting to force you for a comeback, I just think that you deserve the payout for your done work and already spent money.

I don’t know what pushed you to cut all connections abruptly, but I wish you all the best, what ever struggles your going through. May our ways cross again buddy.

Thanks for the kind words. I can assure you that this is a personal improvement. Don’t focus too much on what I am doing but, instead, look at what the Nyzo team has laid out already, they are really the ones to deserve the attention here.

When you return to the essence of life, you will discover that the circle is the essence, and it is at this point that you will likely realize the geniosity of the minds who are responsible for working on Nyzo.

“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.” ― Werner Heisenberg.

I feel like I have bastardized their logo somewhat by using the squared, instead of a rounded pacman figure, as it is no longer close to the essence. It is, however, a cool way of trying to convey what a verifier may appear to look like, if you were to personify it. The sticker itself is a square too, I had preferred it to be round.

Thus I conclude that, I think it would be a wise decision to print the batch of stickers which the cycle fund pays for on round stickers and to consider a representation which is closer to the holistic nature of what the team is trying to convey. This will likely have a small impact on price, and I’ll try to come up with a more holistic design in the meantime.

Please let me know what you think of this design.

edit: removed first version, (https://forum.nyzo.community/uploads/default/optimized/1X/a11d05a74b2f0ef218c6b8794dac11252be28d0c_2_498x500.png)

First One. Simple

Thank you for voting through the cycle proposal.
I confirm that I have received the funds in block 8174930.

Link to cycle wallet →
Link to my wallet →

In line with what I said in the first post:

If approved, no more than 10K will be sold per day as to minimize negative market effects, OTC deals will be considered.

The first transaction can be expected to be made within 24 hours. (10,000 n)
If OTC buyers would like to apply, they can send me a private message on this forum.
Both the Nyzo transaction and BTC transaction will be posted here.

I’ve just checked and the price does go up a little bit for round stickers.
There are the personal funds made available for my work hours, so it does not pose a problem.

Price check and source for 15k stickers:

Source: https://www.printdeal.be/nl/producten/stickers/stickers-klein-formaat

A first transaction has been sent to qTrade:

To speed things up, the stickers and envelopes have been ordered.

Labelwriter and labels ordered

1500 envelopes arrived already. Each pack is 25 envelopes.

how to receive these stickers? I remember I filled a form long ago, is that it?

Yes, if you want to be absolutely sure you get it, resubmit it here.

As mentioned before:

The website received 10,000 stickers orders and a large amount of attention from free sticker communities on Reddit. This is a large amount to fulfill. Part of the addresses were submitted to the website in a dubious manner, and these will be given the absolute lowest priority, leaving around 3000 “high-quality” addresses to work with.

It is, of course, entirely possible that your address got into my cross-hairs by accident.

Labelprinter and labels arrived