Quick Troubleshooting Help

from @jimtalksdata

My queued verifiers are not syncing. What is going on?

In recent versions (549+), the behavior of queued verifiers have been changed. They no longer tightly track the in cycle mesh, to conserve CPU resources and bandwidth.

To check that the verifier is indeed functioning correct, run

sudo supervisorctl tail -f nyzo_verifier

And check that the log file contains lines similar to the following: Unable to determine top verifier.

This is normal; out-of-cycle verifiers are not typically notified about new-verifier votes. If there is no output, proceed to the following.

Nyzo block explorer, block 1772324

My queued verifier does not work.

There are several things you can check:

1. Is your verifier reachable publicly?
    You can check by using https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and inputting the IP address and the port 9444 . It should show that the port is open .
    UDP Port 9446 also needs to be open (the tool won’t work for that, please consult your VPS documentation).
    If the port is closed, there is a connectivity issue.
    Check your firewall ( sudo ufw status ), or consult your VPS host to see if there are firewall settings that you need to configure.
  2. You are running the verifier on certain Ubuntu distributions without the user ubuntu .
    If you’re running as root or any other user, you may symlink the folder to ubuntu as follows:
    ln -s /root /home/ubuntu
    Alternatively, you can edit ~/nyzoVerifier/nyzoVerifier.conf and specify the correct path in the line command=/usr/bin/java -jar -Xmx3G /home/ubuntu/nyzoVerifier/build/libs/nyzoVerifier-1.0.jar
    Then, copy the file to /etc/supervisor/conf.d
    (assuming you are using the default setup).
  3. There is some other issue with verifier connectivity.
    You can try this workaround: wget -O /var/lib/nyzo/production/trusted_entry_points http://nyzo-explorer.com/entry.php
    This replaces the trusted_entry_points file with a randomly generated list that may have better connectivity.
  4. There is some other problem. Feel free to post here or in discord #help, but describe your problem clearly.

Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router

The port forwarding tester is a utility used to identify your external IP address and detect open ports on your connection. This tool is useful for finding out if your port forwarding is setup correctly or if your server applications are being blocked by a firewall.

I’m running an exchange/merchant/explorer/some other user service and I can’t get the blockchain to sync.

The behavior of out of cycle verifiers was changed recently. If you are running an exchange, block explorer, API, or such on an out of cycle verifier, add always_track_blockchain=1 to /var/lib/nyzo/production/preferences

How do I add timestamps to my log file?

Add the line log_timestamps=true to the file /var/lib/nyzo/production/preferences .