• sudo git pull origin master
  • sudo ./gradlew build
  • sudo supervisorctl reload

Reload Verifier and Sentinel

Downgrade (works for both verifier and sentinel):

• cd /home/ubuntu/nyzoVerifier
  • sudo git reset --hard 9e66c00c98ce75b0df4b565ecbd163e65caef57a
    (hash to downgrade to found here: github)
  • sudo ./gradlew build

Rsync:

If you need to quickly sync a verifier or sentinel, log to a working verifier and run this command replacing the ip/login for the verifier you want to sync. It will ask for password then sync.

• sudo rsync -av --ignore-existing -e "ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa" /var/lib/nyzo/production/blocks/ user@yourip:/var/lib/nyzo/production/blocks

Removing Individual Blocks

• sudo supervisorctl stop all
  • sudo rm /var/lib/nyzo/production/blocks/individual/i_xxxx.nyzoblock

To remove ALL blocks

• sudo supervisorctl stop all && sudo rm -r /var/lib/nyzo/production/blocks/individual/

To add missing blocks sometimes links will be provided to them, add link and replace

• cd /var/lib/nyzo/production/blocks/individual/ && wget https://xxx

Block Consolidation

• nano /var/lib/nyzo/production/preferences
  • block_file_consolidator=delete

Additional Verifier

Monitor Verifier Log

• tail -f /var/log/nyzo-verifier-stdout.log

Additional Sentinel

Monitor Sentinel Log

• cat /var/log/nyzo-sentinel-stdout.log

Used for checking Sentinel initializes properly - if it prints even once after the sentinel starts, you know the sentinel initialized properly

• clear log of Sentinel
    sudo supervisorctl stop all
    sudo rm /var/log/nyzo-sentinel-stdout.log
    sudo supervisorctl reload
  • search for “minimum vote timestamp”
    more /var/log/nyzo-sentinel-stdout.log | grep 'minimum vote timestamp'

Access managed Sentinel verifiers

• nano /var/lib/nyzo/production/managed_verifiers

List the Managed Verifiers of the Sentinel

• more /var/log/nyzo-sentinel-stdout.log | grep 'ManagedVerifier'

List last 30 blocks your Sentinel has tracked

• tail /var/log/nyzo-sentinel-stdout.log -n 30 | grep 'froze block'
1 Like

Really awesome list you put together here! Thank you for sharing!

One thing regarding rsync that I had issues with. I ran into this error when trying to sync one verifier that was stuck from another of mine that was synced.

rsync: failed to set times on "/var/lib/nyzo/production/blocks/.": Operation not permitted (1)

I discovered the -O flag for this. This basically forces rsync to ignore the times. O = --omit-dir-times.

So if you change:

sudo rsync -av --ignore-existing -e "ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa" /var/lib/nyzo/production/blocks/ user@yourip:/var/lib/nyzo/production/blocks

to:

sudo rsync -aOv --ignore-existing -e "ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa" /var/lib/nyzo/production/blocks/ user@yourip:/var/lib/nyzo/production/blocks

It will fix the error.

1 Like

Another thing I just thought of…the option to use the web monitor for the Sentinel is not enabled by default, but can be with the addition of 1 line into 1 new file.

echo "start_web_listener=1" >> /var/lib/nyzo/production/preferences

This should create a new file in the /var/lib/nyzo/production/directory by the name of preferences and add start_web_listener=1 to the very first line of the file. Then your Sentinel web monitor should be accessible simply by navigating to the IPv4 of your Sentinel in any explorer.

If permissions are denied doing this you might have to append the command with sudo first, if you still get permission denied errors, just

sudo nano /var/lib/nyzo/production/preferences

paste start_web_listener=1 into the first line
ctrl+x then, y, then press enter to save and exit.

1 Like

Additional info on the Sentinel Web Monitor:

1. Should set up a firewall if you’re accessing from a remote ip. Sentinels do not use incoming so disable that and enable whatever specific ip you want to use. Helpful article here: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-a-firewall-with-ufw-on-ubuntu-18-04

2. Understanding the Monitor display:

unknown

from Nyzo dev:
The number is the number of blocks in the block response. So, reading left-to-right, the sentinel got 1 block from Nyzo 0 in the most recent request, 1 block in the request before that, 0 before that, etc. If the sentinel were in fast-fetch mode, you'd see a lot of 10s in the boxes. And efficiency is simply the number of blocks frozen divided by the number of blocks received. If everything is running smoothly, the sentinel is querying in a pseudo-round-robin mode: it asks Nyzo 0 for a block, gets that block, then asks Nyzo 1 for a block, gets that block, etc. If the sentinel worries that it's falling behind, it may ask for the same block from all 10 verifiers at once. If it gets the block from all 10 of them, the efficiency for that block will be 10%, because it can only use 1 of the 10 copies.

Thanks That is fair enough for anyone want to register verf\sent , i have one question , what is going to happen if someone set more than one sents monitor same verfs , for example 5 sents monitoring same 25 verfs? how they will act in case of one verf stopped ? …Thanks

It’s fine to have multiple sentinels covering the same verifiers. I do it - have 3 covering in cycle. Set them up in different areas of the world on different providers so that if something happens to one, your others can still cover!

Thanks Dear That what i need to know , hope to get in-cycle soon as always …better to come late than never .

1 Like

Of course we’re glad to have you in the community!

1 Like